7 Beautiful Life Lessons To Take Away From “Up” by Pixar
Last night, I watched “Up” by Pixar Animation Studios and I must admit I was totally blown away (pun intended)!
It’s a touching story about adventure, love, death, growing old, following your dreams and letting go of the burdens you’ve been carrying. I laughed, (almost) cried and my heartstrings got tugged at on more than one occasion as the animated characters came to life on screen and moved me deeply.
As usual, I’m going to share some of the lessons I’ve learned from this movie – feel free to add on!
1) Carpe diem (Seize the day!) Time waits for no one. Have you always been putting off on doing something you’ve always wanted to do? Do it now! There’s no tomorrow. There’s only today!
2) Every moment can be an adventure. Are you living in the moment?
3) You must let go of the burdens you’re carrying before you can start on a new, exciting adventure!
4) Don’t let your dreams die with you. That’s the saddest thing. Regret.
5) There’ll always be unexpected people, things and circumstances in your life. Embrace them! Everything happens for a reason. Often, the unexpected can be blessings in disguise.
6) Love. It’s the greatest thing. I can’t imagine life without it.
7) I remember Bob Proctor once saying “Most people tiptoe through life hoping to make it safely to death“. Well I don’t know about you but when all is said and done, I believe that life is meant to be lived!
Live long and prosper! (for all the Star Trek geeks out there =P)
Love this article? Sign up for my FREE Personal Development Email Newsletter today to receive more articles like this!
Incoming search terms:
Or check out this highly recommended personal development product...
If you've enjoyed this article, please make a small $5 donation to support this blog: