6 billion readers too shocking?
I guess the discussion over at Cobalt Paladin’s blog has gotten a little out of hand, so it’s time for me to say something.
I thought it was pretty obvious that “6 billion readers” was a deliberate sort of parody but from the looks of some of the comments in the entry, I guess I was wrong.
I have always been interested in social dynamics and it’s fascinating how a simple thing such as a purposefully modified feedburner image (credit: DeafMusician) can escalate into blatant personal attacks so quickly and easily. It never fails to amaze me, really.
That said, I would just like to clarify some things.
1) I was merely experimenting with the Law of Attraction. Most of you would have heard of the saying “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star“. Aiming for “6 billion readers” (equivalent to almost the entire world’s population) is silly, yes? So is mediocrity. That makes choosing that much simpler really.
2) This blog is only 4 months old. It’s a tad unfair to be bringing pagerank into the picture. However, since we are on that, I’m happy to announce that as of google’s last pagerank update, Personal Development for the Book Smart is up to PR3 now. =)
1) Make things more obvious. Use the “because…” rule in psychology. Learn from Robert Cialdini.
2) Based on what has manifested so far, I must be extra careful with my thoughts.
Ooh one more…
3) Step in before things get out of hand, not after!
There we go…
P.S. Maybe I should rename this post “Law of Attraction gone wrong“. LOL…
Or check out this highly recommended personal development product...
If you've enjoyed this article, please make a small $5 donation to support this blog: